When minutes matter, Life Link III’s helicopter ambulance is ready.
Helicopter service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, providing on-scene emergency response and inter-facility transport. Life Link III is dedicated to the highest level of patient care. By strategically locating aircraft throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin, the time to reach patients is significantly decreased. This is especially noted in trauma, STEMI and stroke patients, with many positive outcomes that can be directly related to a shorter time before the patient reaches definitive care.
With just one call to the Life Link III Communications Center you can arrange bedside-to-bedside transport for your patient. Within minutes of your request for transport, the Life Link III crews can be en route, and interventions are performed in the aircraft when possible to minimize the time before the patient reaches definitive care. Life Link III’s transportation services are accredited by CAMTS (Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transportation Services), ensuring the highest standards of quality and safety are met on every transport.
Considerations for helicopter transport:
- Patient’s clinical condition requires minimization of time spent outside the hospital
- Patient requires specific or time-sensitive evaluation or treatment not available at the referring facility
- Patient located in an area that is inaccessible to ground transport
- Patient requires critical care life support, which is not available with ground transport options
- Use of local ground transport would leave the area without adequate EMS coverage
- Critically ill or injured patients requiring specialized services such as a Level 1 Trauma Center, Cath Lab, Stroke Center, PICU or NICU
Life Link III can monitor and treat critically ill or injured patients, including:
- Multi-system trauma patients
- Spinal cord injury/neurological patients
- Head injury patients
- High risk obstetrical patients
- Newborn intensive care patients
- Cardiac, pulmonary and internal medicine patients
- Burn patients
- Limb reattachment patients
- Transplant patients
- Pediatric trauma and medical patients
Helicopter transports are staffed by registered nurses and paramedics. Life Link III’s advanced providers have years of hospital intensive care, emergency room or 911 experience. Our clinical staff members undergo extensive, continual in-service education to ensure the most advanced critical care and technology are provided to any patient requiring specialized care. If needed, specialized teams and/or physicians will accompany Life Link III transport team members.
Pilots are experienced aviators and have each logged thousands of hours of flying time. They also take on-going recurrent training in their respective areas.
Aviation services are provided by Air Methods, Inc Life Link III utilizes Agusta 119Kx helicopters.